Board of Directors
Tom helped found one of the original legal medical marijuana operations in Colorado in January 2010. He began as a small grower and quickly added a dispensary to his business once Colorado established its regulatory model that required vertical integration. Recreational operations were added in 2015.
Tom is actively involved in the industry, helping to create one of the best cannabis regulatory models in the world. His current and past positions that work on cannabis policy include:
- Colorado Springs City Council Marijuana Task Force
- Colorado Springs Marijuana Working Group
- President and founding member of the Colorado Springs Cannabis Council
- Board member and current Treasurer the Marijuana Industry Group
- Member of multiple cannabis policy workgroups in Colorado Springs, Aurora, Paonia, and rulemaking
for the State of Colorado
Before the cannabis industry, Tom spent 15 years in Credit Card Banking.
Chris is currently the Principal at Votoupal Government Affairs and is a registered Colorado lobbyist and business development consultant specializing in marijuana, cleantech, innovative technology, finance, and renewable energy business and policy issues. Prior to moving into state-level work, Chris served as the Deputy Press Secretary and as a Congressional Aide to U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter. In addition to media relations and communications, he focused on policy in the areas of energy, environment, water, and foreign affairs. Chris currently lives in Denver’s Historic Baker District and enjoys skiing, river rafting, road biking, and hanging out with his Golden Retriever.